Taylor Real Estate is not student housing, we are conventional meaning everyone is on one lease. We understand at times roommates may change throughout the term of the lease. Below is the process that must take place in order to add someone to an existing lease while also releasing someone from the current lease.
- The tenant planning to move out will need to visit www.taylorrealestatesolutions.com, select tenants and intent to move. This is an electronic form you will fill out. There is a question asking if all tenants are moving out or if one tenant is assuming responsibility. Make sure you choose the second option.
- The tenant planning to move out will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com stating they will leave their portion of the deposit with the apartment/house. The reason being, we do not refund partial deposits. All deposits stay with the unit until it becomes vacant.
- The tenant that is planning to stay will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com stating they will assume full responsibility of the unit.
- If there will be a new roommate moving in, they will need to apply by visiting taylorrealestatesolutions.com, select vacancies, scroll to the bottom and select TRES Waitlist.
- Once we have all required documents uploaded to the account, we will send a new lease document to be signed by the tenant staying and to any new tenant that has applied.